Key Realty School is an NMLS Approved Course Provider / Provider #1400382 / Course #1601
Licensing requirements now require all states to comply with a minimum educational and testing standard. The state of Nevada requires 30 hours of pre licensing education to meet all state and
national licensing requirements. The 30 hour requirement is broken into two sections. The 20 Hour SAFE Act course is designed to meet and satisfy the national side of the pre licensing education. The 10 Hour State specific section is designed to satisfy the state side of the state specific side of the pre licensing requirement for Nevada. It is recommended that students complete the 20 hour National portion of the requirement first at which point the student will further understand the basis of mortgage lending academics. Said understanding will allow the student to more easily comprehend the state specific portion of the requirement.
The 20 hour National Mortgage Licensing course – (The National and Practical Side)
Key Realty School offers a 20 hour course designed to meet the SAFE Act standards and prepare a student for the federal portion of the National Mortgage Exam in the process. Due to the practical nature of the course, Key Realty School recommends all education designed to meet the requirement be taken in class and any additional state specific requirement be completed online.
The 20 hour course is classroom only. It is designed to provide the most practical information possible. Students completing the course will satisfy all SAFE Act 20 hour curriculum requirements and be prepared for the NMLS exam. Students completing this course will obtain practical mortgage education through LIVE classroom instruction and will obtain the fundamental skills to successfully practice mortgage lending.
20 Hour National Mortgage Licensing approved course tuition:
$299 Course tuition includes required course textbooks. Use the link below to enroll in the 20 hour SAFE NMLS approved course.
The 20 Hour National Mortgage Licensing approved course will meet all of the SAFE Act curriculum requirements and provide a practical training setting which will provide the student with a base for their future practice. The course curriculum will include:
- Disclosure provisions of federal laws related to mortgage lending.
- Procedures to protect the privacy of consumers as required by federal law.
- Ethics and discuss the purpose of codes of ethics.
- Anti-discrimination Laws.
- Mortgage fraud.
- Conventional loans.
- Conforming and nonconforming loans.
- Qualifying standards for FHA-insured loans.
- Qualifying standards for VA-guaranteed loans.
- Adjustable rate mortgage.
- Agency guidelines on lending and subprime loans.
- Primary mortgage market and secondary mortgage market.
- Loan processing.
- Standard loan applications.
- Evaluating borrowers.
- Calculate income and total debt ratios.
- Private mortgage insurance.
- Appraisal approaches used to arrive at an opinion of value.
- Click here to obtain a copy of the course syllabus
The following is a list of dates for the calendar year.
All classes held at the Las Vegas location / Click here to be taken to the California course page
Morning tracks are 8AM to 1PM
Night tracks are 5PM to 10PM
- September 17 through September 20, 2018 – Mornings
- October 15 through October 18, 2018 – Nights
- November 12 through November 15, 2018 – Mornings
- December 17 through December 20, 2018 – Nights
- January 14 through January 17, 2019 – Mornings
- February 18 through February 21, 2019 – Nights
- March 18 through March 21, 2019 – Mornings
- April 15 through April 19, 2019 – Nights
- May 20 through May 23, 2019 – Mornings
- June 17 through June 20, 2019 – Nights
- July 15 through July 18, 2019 – Mornings
- August 19 through August 22, 2019 – Nights
- September 16 through September 19, 2019 – Mornings
- October 14 through October 17, 2019 – Nights
- November 11 through November 14, 2019 – Mornings
- December 9 through December 12, 2019 – Night
The 10 hour Nevada specific side of the Nevada licensing requirement – (The State and Nevada Side)
Key Realty School currently works with online course systems to supply the 10 hour state specific side of the Nevada SAFE Act requirement. The tuition for this program is $110. NOTE: ONLY Students who are enrolled in or who have completed the Key 20 Hour SAFE course are eligible to take the 10 hour state specific course online at the discounted tuition of $110. Students who are not enrolled in or have not taken the 20 Hour SAFE course through Key are required to pay $150 in tuition. Students are supplied with the online course registration for the 10 hour state specific online module during the national component of the curriculum.
Additional 10 hour State Specific Course information: This course is designed to supply the student with the 10 Hour NV SAFE specific curriculum designed to complement the 20 Hour National SAFE course curriculum and therefore supply the student with the completion educational profile to apply for the testing / licensing requirements deemed necessary by the licensing requirement. Click here to explore the state specific course in detail and the enrollment process
NMLS Testing – Students are required to complete the National Test with Uniform State content. Click here to be taken to the exam content and information page
The NMLS test is administered by the Prometric test center. Click here to be taken to the exam information and scheduling page
Testing and NMLS Background Check Fees:
Use the Nevada licensing checklist and resource guide to denote all fees. Click here to access the Nevada licensing checklist
The NMLS call center can assist with any questions pertaining to application requirements if additional assistance is required. The Call Center is open 9:00 am to 9:00 pm (Eastern Time), Monday through Friday. Toll Free Number 855-NMLS-123 or 855-665-7123
Please visit the National Mortgage Licensing System website for additional details and up to date information: http://mortgage.nationwidelicensingsystem.org/Pages/default.aspx