Key Realty School is an NMLS Approved Course Provider / Provider #1400382 / Course #1601
Licensing requirements now require all states to comply with a minimum educational and testing standard. The state of Nevada requires 30 hours of pre licensing education to meet all state and
national licensing requirements. The 30 hour requirement is broken into two sections. The SAFE Act course is designed to meet and satisfy the national side of the pre licensing education. The 10 Hour State specific section is designed to satisfy the state side of the state specific side of the pre licensing requirement for Nevada. It is recommended that students complete the 20 hour National portion of the requirement first at which point the student will further understand the basis of mortgage lending academics. Said understanding will allow the student to more easily comprehend the state specific portion of the requirement.
The 20 hour National Mortgage Licensing course – (The National and Practical Side)
Key Realty School offers a 20 hour course designed to meet the SAFE Act standards and prepare a student for the federal portion of the National Mortgage Exam in the process. Due to the practical nature of the course, Key Realty School recommends all education designed to meet the requirement be taken in class and any additional state specific requirement be completed online.
The 20 hour course is classroom only. It is designed to provide the most practical information possible. Students completing the course will satisfy all SAFE Act curriculum requirements and be prepared for the NMLS exam. Students completing this course will obtain practical mortgage education through LIVE classroom instruction and will obtain the fundamental skills to successfully practice mortgage lending.
20 Hour National Mortgage Licensing approved course tuition:
$299 Course tuition includes required course textbooks. Use the link below to enroll in the 20 hour NMLS approved course.
The 20 Hour National Mortgage Licensing approved course will meet all of the SAFE Act curriculum requirements and provide a practical training setting which will provide the student with a base for their future practice. The course curriculum will include:
- Disclosure provisions of federal laws related to mortgage lending.
- Procedures to protect the privacy of consumers as required by federal law.
- Ethics and discuss the purpose of codes of ethics.
- Anti-discrimination Laws.
- Mortgage fraud.
- Conventional loans.
- Conforming and nonconforming loans.Watch a Video About This Course
- Qualifying standards for FHA-insured loans.
- Qualifying standards for VA-guaranteed loans.
- Adjustable rate mortgage.
- Agency guidelines on lending and subprime loans.
- Primary mortgage market and secondary mortgage market.
- Loan processing.
- Standard loan applications.
- Evaluating borrowers.
- Calculate income and total debt ratios.
- Private mortgage insurance.
- Appraisal approaches used to arrive at an opinion of value.
- Click here to obtain a copy of the course syllabus
The following is a list of dates for the calendar year.
All classes held at the Las Vegas location / Click here to be taken to the California course page
Morning tracks are 8AM to 1PM
Night tracks are 5PM to 10PM
- January 13 through January 16, 2020 – Mornings
- February 10 through February 13, 2020 – Nights
- March 16 through March 19, 2020 – Mornings
- April 20 through April 23, 2020 – Nights
- May 18 through May 21, 2020 – Mornings
- June 15 through June 18, 2020 – Nights
- July 20 through July 23, 2020 – Mornings
- August 17 through August 20, 2020 – Nights
- September 14 through September 17, 2020 – Mornings
- October 19 through October 22, 2020 – Nights
- November 9 through November 12, 2020 – Mornings
- December 7 through December 10, 2020 – Night
The 10 hour Nevada specific side of the Nevada licensing requirement – (The State and Nevada Side)
Key Realty School works in partnership with Learn Mortgage to offer the 10 hour online state specific course to its students. The tuition for this program is $188 in total. Regulations require all Nevada Mortgage applicants to comply with the National section noted above and the 10 hour state specific NV law course. Click here to explore the state specific regulations
Additional 10 hour State Specific Course information: This course is designed to supply the student with the 10 Hour NV specific curriculum designed to complement the 20 Hour National SAFE course curriculum and therefore supply the student with the completion educational profile to apply for the testing / licensing requirements deemed necessary by the licensing requirement. Click here to explore the state specific course in detail and the enrollment process
NMLS Testing – Students are required to complete the National Test with Uniform State content. Click here to be taken to the exam content and information page
The NMLS test is administered by the Prometric test center. Click here to be taken to the exam information and scheduling page
Testing and NMLS Background Check Fees:
Use the Nevada licensing checklist and resource guide to denote all fees. Click here to access the Nevada licensing checklist
The NMLS call center can assist with any questions pertaining to application requirements if additional assistance is required. The Call Center is open 9:00 am to 9:00 pm (Eastern Time), Monday through Friday. Toll Free Number 855-NMLS-123 or 855-665-7123
Please visit the National Mortgage Licensing System website for additional details and up to date information: http://mortgage.nationwidelicensingsystem.org/Pages/default.aspx