Key Realty School is an NMLS Approved Course Provider / Provider #1400382 / Course #1601
Licensing requirements now require all states to comply with a minimum educational and testing standard. The NMLS controls these standards and it is recommended that students review the NMLS requirements accordingly. Click here to review NMLS requirements.
The 20 hour National Mortgage Licensing course – (The National and Practical Side)
Key Realty School offers a 20 hour course designed to meet the SAFE Act standards and prepare a student for the federal portion of the National Mortgage Licensing Exam in the process. Due to the practical nature of the course, Key Realty School recommends all education designed to meet the requirement be taken in class and any additional state specific requirement be completed online.
The 20 hour course is classroom only. It is designed to provide the most practical information possible. Students completing the course will satisfy all requirements and be prepared for the Federal portion of the licensing exam. Students completing this course will obtain practical mortgage education through LIVE classroom instruction and will obtain the fundamental skills to successfully practice mortgage lending.
The national SAFE course is presented by Key Realty School in partnership and held at Home Funding Corporation: 10718 Civic Center Drive Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
20 Hour National Mortgage Licensing approved course tuition:
$299 Course tuition includes required course textbooks. Use the link below to enroll in the 20 hour SAFE NMLS approved course.
The 20 Hour National Mortgage Licensing approved course will meet all of the SAFE Act curriculum requirements and provide a practical training setting which will provide the student with a base for their future practice. The course curriculum will include:
- Disclosure provisions of federal laws related to mortgage lending.
- Procedures to protect the privacy of consumers as required by federal law.
- Ethics and discuss the purpose of codes of ethics.
- Anti-discrimination Laws.
- Mortgage fraud.
- Conventional loans.
- Conforming and nonconforming loans.
- Qualifying standards for FHA-insured loans.
- Qualifying standards for VA-guaranteed loans.
- Adjustable rate mortgage.
- Agency guidelines on lending and subprime loans.
- Primary mortgage market and secondary mortgage market.
- Loan processing.
- Standard loan applications.
- Evaluating borrowers.
- Calculate income and total debt ratios.
- Private mortgage insurance.
- Appraisal approaches used to arrive at an opinion of value.
- Click here to obtain a copy of the course syllabus
The following is a list of dates for the calendar year.
10718 Civic Center Drive Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
*NOTE: This is the California course offerings page. Please click here to be taken to the Nevada course offerings page.
Night tracks are 5PM to 10PM
- July 17 through July 20, 2017 – Nights
- August 21 through August 24, 2017 – Nights
- September 18 through September 21, 2017 – Nights
- October 23 through October 26, 2017 – Nights
- November 13 through November 16, 2017 – Nights
- December 18 through December 21, 2017 – Nights
NMLS Testing – Students are required to complete the National Test with Uniform State content. The exam consists of 115 graded multiple choice questions. The test must be completed within 190 minutes and the student must pass the exam with a 75% or greater score. Click here to review the exam content
Testing and NMLS Background Check Fees:
Licensing Application Fee: $240.00
Fingerprint & Background check $36.25
Credit Report $15.00
NMLS National Test with Uniform State Content $110.00
*Aforementioned fees are subject to change. Applicants are encouraged to visit the NMLS website for up to date fees.
Please visit the National Mortgage Licensing System website for additional details and up to date information: http://mortgage.nationwidelicensingsystem.org/Pages/default.aspx