Key Realty School is an NMLS Approved Course Provider / Provider #1400382
Classroom Course #1601 / LIVE Stream Course #12035
Licensing requirements now require all states to comply with a minimum educational and testing standard. The state of Nevada requires 30 hours of pre licensing education to meet all state and
national licensing requirements. The 30 hour requirement is broken into two sections. The SAFE Act course is designed to meet and satisfy the national side of the pre licensing education. The 10 Hour State specific section is designed to satisfy the state side of the state specific side of the pre licensing requirement for Nevada. It is recommended that students complete the 20 hour National portion of the requirement first at which point the student will further understand the basis of mortgage lending academics. Said understanding will allow the student to more easily comprehend the state specific portion of the requirement.
The 20 hour National Mortgage Licensing course – (The National and Practical Side)
Key Realty School offers a 20 hour course designed to meet the SAFE Act standards and prepare a student for the federal portion of the National Mortgage Exam in the process. Due to the practical nature of the course, Key Realty School recommends all education designed to meet the requirement be taken in class and any additional state specific requirement be completed online.
The 20 hour course is classroom only. It is designed to provide the most practical information possible. Students completing the course will satisfy all SAFE Act curriculum requirements and be prepared for the NMLS exam. Students completing this course will obtain practical mortgage education through LIVE classroom instruction and will obtain the fundamental skills to successfully practice mortgage lending.
20 Hour National Mortgage Licensing approved course tuition:
$299 Course tuition includes required course textbooks. Use the link below to enroll in the 20 hour NMLS approved course.
The 20 Hour SAFE Comprehensive Mortgage Loan Originator course will meet all of the SAFE Act curriculum requirements and provide a practical training setting which will provide the student with a base for their future practice. The course curriculum will include:
- Disclosure provisions of federal laws related to mortgage lending.
- Procedures to protect the privacy of consumers as required by federal law.
- Ethics and discuss the purpose of codes of ethics.
- Anti-discrimination Laws.
- Mortgage fraud.
- Conventional loans.
- Conforming and nonconforming loans.Watch a Video About This Course
- Qualifying standards for FHA-insured loans.
- Qualifying standards for VA-guaranteed loans.
- Adjustable rate mortgage.
- Agency guidelines on lending and subprime loans.
- Primary mortgage market and secondary mortgage market.
- Loan processing.
- Standard loan applications.
- Evaluating borrowers.
- Calculate income and total debt ratios.
- Private mortgage insurance.
- Appraisal approaches used to arrive at an opinion of value.
- Click here to obtain a copy of the course syllabus
The following is a list of dates for the calendar year.
All classes held at the Las Vegas location / Click here to be taken to the California course page
Morning tracks are 8AM to 1PM
- June 14 through June 17, 2021 – Nights
- July 12 through July 15, 2021 – Mornings
- August 16 through August 19, 2021 – Nights
- September 20 through September 23, 2021 – Mornings
- October 18 through October 21, 2021 – Nights
- November 15 through November 18, 2021 – Mornings
- December 13 through December 16, 2021 – Nights
- January 10 through January 13, 2022 – Mornings
- February 7 through February 10, 2022 – Nights
- March 14 through March 17, 2022 – Mornings
- April 11 through April 14, 2022 – Nights
- May 16 through May 19, 2022 – Mornings
- June 13 through June 16, 2022 – Nights
- July 11 through July 14, 2022 – Mornings
- August 15 through August 18, 2022 – Nights
- September 12 through September 15, 2022 – Mornings
- October 10 through October 13, 2022 – Nights
- November 14 through November 17, 2022 – Mornings
- December 12 through December 15, 2022 – Nights
* Offered LIVE Stream and On Site at the school location. Specific class sessions will be broadcast via LIVE stream video as well as presented in physical onsite format. Students attending the LIVE stream event will receive the same credit as those attending the physical onsite seminar. The dates, times, curriculum and tuition rate remains the same regardless of the course delivery method. Once enrolled, the student will be able to select “On Site” Vs “Live Stream” in their student dashboard at www.KeyRealtySchool.net
Each state can mandate a state specific side of the education required to meet the state licensing requirements
Nevada requires 10 hours of state specific education – (The State and Nevada Side)
Learn Mortgage offers the 10 hour online state specific course. Students are encouraged to use the following link to review state specific course options through Learn Mortgage:
*NMLS Number submission form for NMLS Number reporting (Form ONLY used if NMLS number was not reporting during or immediately after a course OR a Last name / NMLS number mismatch has been reported)
NMLS Testing – Students are required to complete the National Test with Uniform State content. Click here to be taken to the exam content and information page
The NMLS test is administered by the Prometric test center. Click here to be taken to the exam information and scheduling page
Testing and NMLS Background Check Fees:
Use the Nevada licensing checklist and resource guide to denote all fees. Click here to access the Nevada licensing checklist
The NMLS call center can assist with any questions pertaining to application requirements if additional assistance is required. The Call Center is open 9:00 am to 9:00 pm (Eastern Time), Monday through Friday. Toll Free Number 855-NMLS-123 or 855-665-7123
NOTE: SAFE act course certificates are only valid for 3 years from the date of completion. Student must retake the course to comply with the current requirements if the course was completed more than three years ago.
Please visit the National Mortgage Licensing System website for additional details and up to date information: http://mortgage.nationwidelicensingsystem.org/Pages/default.aspx